Sunday, June 17, 2012

10 Years and More to Come


This is my story of how I became an Angels fan and what it means to me.
I am going to be honest and say that I started off absolutely hating baseball. When I was a little kid, my dad would turn on Angels' games and I would scream and cry because I wanted to watch cartoons. Typical kid, of course. The more and more he put it on, I became more and more interested. By the time I was 8, is when I started to watch and understand the game and declared the Angels as my favorite team.

Growing up, my family is not a family that is into sports. Sports wasn't really a big part of my life until my freshman year of high school. That is when I began truly following baseball. So yes, you can call me a 'new comer' to the Angels Fan Club, but I am a die-hard.  I have stuck with the Angels and ALWAYS supported them win or lose.

I didn't attend my first Angels game until I was 17 years old. Many people have tried to tell me that I am not a "true fan" because I haven't been to games since I was a little kid. But I do not agree with that at all. My love for the Angels just keep growing and growing and will never stop. I have got to be the only girl I know that is this dedicated to baseball and sports.

So I am curious to you all, what are your stories? Will and I have shared ours. It's your turn. And also, what does it mean to you to be a "true fan"?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I think a true fan is just something you believe and despite what others say you either know you are or you aren't. I don't believe it matters if you go to games at the stadium, go to a 66ers game, wear all sorts of Angels clothing or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete